Monday, September 28, 2009

Baby Update!

Well, there is still no baby yet! I went to the Doctor last week, I was dilated to a "Good 3"(as he put it), and he says my cervix is pretty soft too. He stripped my membrane, in hope to help induce labor naturally. That was Wednesday of last week and still nothing. My blood pressure has been going up for the past few weeks, and my Doctor is concerned about that... so we set a date to be induced. I will be going in this Tuesday at midnight, which means I'll be delivering at 38 weeks. I have been waiting all week for this little guy to come in hopes that my water will break or I start contracting regularly. The last thing I really want is to be induced... I think it's more because I don't know what to expect, and I only have the experiences shared to me by friends and family. So today and tomorrow will officially be the last couple of days being pregnant! Good bye, big belly, big butt, heartburn, pain in my ribs and back! Hello, Beautiful Baby Boy that I have been waiting 91/2 months to meet!

Also some good news, we officially found a name for our little man. We have had the hardest time finding a name for our baby. Kyle came up with all these crazy names that I can't stand... like Bear, Bruin, Danger, Ruckus... and those are just a few! (with names like that our Son would end up in jail, or people would be for sure expecting a naughty child). Then there was me who came up with names that were too common, or not strong enough for his first son! (Whatever!) I swear, I was sure our child would arrive and still have no name at the rate we were going. But I will have to give Daddy all the credit. He came into me one night , I was asleep, and he woke me up and said... "What do you think of the name Taika?"... of course, half asleep I rolled over and said I'll have to sleep on it. It took a few days to be sure but we loved it. And most important we both agreed! So officially... Taika Tangiora Blood!

Well, we will keep everyone posted on how this next week goes. I can't wait to meet our little Taika!

1 comments:

Ang and Jerry Oler said...

Aaargh you got me - ha. I thought you were writing about having baby already - ha. My heart stopped for a minute I'm sure :)

Oh I'm sorry you have to be induced Christina..it's always nicer to go into labor naturally. But don't worry about a thing...it may start off feeling a little clinical, but it ends up with a safe healthy delivery and that's what counts. The fact that your blood pressure is high is of real concern,so I am glad they are going to get Taika out soon. More important to have a healthy Mom and baby than a perfect labor experience (if there is such a thing!) :) Love you. (Love the name too!!!!)