Yesterday marked the 2 year anniversary of my Dad's death. To many, this is something not to be celebrated, but when you are blessed with the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation I think that give us enough to be happy about. It was nice to spend the day remembering my father, things that make me smile, and thing that make me cry! I have a wonderful father, he is amazing! He was strict at times, but as I've grown older I have come to realize it was all out of love. And find myself doing the same things that at one time in my life I hated seeing my father do. We got together as a family and and went out to dinner. My Dad's favorite thing was to be together with his family, so I think he would approve of the way we spent the evening. We also took the opportunity to share our testimony with each other. That was the last thing he said to us before he left this earth. I'm grateful for the Plan of Happiness, and for the sealing powers in the temple. What a blessing it is to know that our family is forever.
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Thursday, October 2, 2008
I just want to say Happy Birthday to my hubby, he turned 23 on October 1st. It was fun to have time to ourselves as we got to go out to dinner and a movie, which has been the second real date we've been on since Símone was born. It was a great day and I enjoyed pampering him for the day! I just wanted to share with you 5 things I love about my husband on his special day...
1. I love it when he comes home and the first thing he does is give me and Símone a big hug and kiss like he hasn't seen us in years.
2. I love the way he give Símone her bath, it take him like 20 minutes, and he thoroughly cleans every bit of her baby rolls.
3. I love the goofy faces he makes when he imitates people, they are one of a kind faces, and they look nothing like the person he's imitating! Seriously!
4. I love that he honors his priesthood. It truly blesses our lives!
5. I love that he is a hard worker, a good father, and a wonderful husband. I couldn't ask for anything better.
Happy Birthday Babe!!!
Posted by Christina Blood at 11:13 AM