Friday, December 19, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR




Now that we are coming to the end of another wonderful year we take a moment to reflect on the events of the passing year. We have been blessed greatly by our Heavenly Father and I love this time of year that we get the chance to really focus on our Savior and his birth.

Kyle has been busy at school, as well as working at the temple doing security part-time (he loves it). He has also had the opportunity to finally open our Eve Cellular T-Mobile Store where he works full-time. He is working hard so that I can be home with our daughter. He's also got a new calling as a counselor in the Elders Quorum. He is a very hardworking busy man and a wonderful Father. I'm thankful for all he does.

Christina has been adjusting the life as a Mother. It definitely is very different when you yourself isn't the most important concern in life anymore. The birth of our daughter went great and I've recovered fully from the aftermath of my first pregnancy. I can say proudly that I've lost all the pregnancy weight (Thanks to nursing and Palates). I took a years leave of absent for the school district to take care of Simone. It's been wonderful to stay at home and raise our daughter. I've had the same calling for the past year and a half as the relief society pianist. And just got release as a ward missionary a little before I had Simone. Motherhood keeps me very busy and I'm loving every minute of it.

Simone is growing like a weed. It surprises me at how much she has grown. She is 7 months and she is about 20lbs and 25in long. She is crawling everywhere, well she can crawl everywhere but sometimes she'll just cry til someone picks her up and take her where she wants to go. She LOVES food. She gets so upset when we all sit down to eat and she's not! Even if she's been feed!! She is a mamma's girl but by the end of the day she gets sick of me and love hanging out with daddy when he comes home from work. We've been very blessed with a beautiful and healthy daughter.

Our year has brought many great changes and we are loving it all, even in this struggling time we just have to, as Elder Wirthlin put it best, "Come what may and love it". Find time for laughter, and remember our purpose here on earth is to work together to make it back to our mansions is Heaven in the presence of our loving Heavenly Father and Savior. Hope every one's year is filled with the love of our Savior and the presence of friends and family.

0 comments: